Full Mouth Reconstruction Irvine
At Dr. Ghatnekar’s dental office, we are dedicated to doing whatever is necessary to give you a reason to smile again. For a total smile overhaul, we offer full mouth reconstruction in Irvine, California. A full mouth reconstruction treats the entire mouth comprehensively in order to restore beauty, function, and comfort.
What is a Full Mouth Reconstruction?
A full mouth reconstruction refers to rebuilding or replacing all of the teeth in a patient's mouth. A full mouth reconstruction requires the dentist to have thorough knowledge and an ability to incorporate all the disciplines of dentistry: restorative, orthodontic, cosmetic, endodontic, etc.
Why is a Full Mouth Reconstruction necessary?
There are a few reasons why a full mouth reconstruction may be necessary. When there are multiple conditions present for a patient: missing or broken teeth, problematic bite, cosmetic deformities, tooth wear, gum disease, decay, acid erosion, malformation, and trauma, etc.A full mouth reconstruction can also address a patient's persisting TMJ problem's. TMJ is a complex disorder - it can be caused by a number of oral/maxillofical, cranial, orthodontic, or even dental issues. Dentists are an integral part of diagnosing and treating TMJ.
What treatment options are available?
The mouth is incredibly complex; the teeth, soft tissues, and temporomandibular joints must be in harmony to work properly. When any one part of the system begins to break down, it affects all the others. However, with proper treatment, it is usually possible to reestablish harmony and give you back a beautiful smile that will last. We may suggest one or more of the following treatments for your full mouth reconstruction:
- Fillings - fillings address decay in a patients tooth. They strengthen and restore the tooth and prevent further infection from spreading.
- Crowns - Crowns are tooth like caps that look and function like natural teeth. Crowns don't only serve a cosmetic purpose, having a full set of teeth improves bone growth and density, ensures that your teeth and jaw stay properly aligned, and reduce stress and wear of neighboring teeth.
- Bridges - can be thought of as a set or 2 or more crowns. Bridges replace multiple missing teeth simultaneously.
- Dental ImplantsA dental implant is a metal post that is attached to a patient's jaw. This post integrates with your bones naturally and provides a foundation for crowns to be placed.
- Veneers - more commonly used in cosmetic dentistry. Veneers can improve a number of features on the surface of the tooth, including: shape, size, color, texture, etc.
- Dentures - an option for patients who aren't candidates for dental implants. Dentures are a less invasive solution to replacing missing teeth.
- Periodontal Treatment - Periodontal care may be required as part of the reconstruction. Periodontics is a field of dentistry that deals mainly with the gums and their related diseases.
We invite you to contact our dental office today to learn more about how we can benefit your smile and transform your life!