Dental Bridges Irvine
Let Us Introduce You to Dental Bridges
Dental bridges in Irvine consist of two parts: the abutment teeth and the bridges. The teeth present on either side of the gap will act as an anchor for the fake tooth. Our dental specialist will place a crown on the surrounding teeth, creating an anchor or abutment. Next, these teeth anchors will help support pontics or artificial teeth. In short, the abutment teeth act as a support to secure a new tooth which fills the gap. This way, we bridge the gap between your teeth to restore your smile!
Why You Might Need Dental Bridges in Irvine
We only realize the value of something after it’s gone — which, in this case, would be our teeth. Whether you lost your tooth to decay or injury, the consequences would be the same: oral health issues. Gradually, you might notice changes in your speech and eating patterns. This is why when you come to our office with dental problems, we suggest adequate treatment after the dental examination. Sometimes, that procedure is our affordable dental bridges in Irvine.
Here are some reasons why you may need a dental bridge:
- The dummy tooth fills the gap, preventing the remaining teeth from moving toward the empty space
- It can help restore your speech patterns
- You will no longer experience discomfort when eating with your artificial tooth
- Enhances your smile
Do You Know the Different Types of Dental Bridges?
Our dental specialist will explain the different types of dental bridges to you. From traditional to implant-supported, you can find something you need among the many options.
- Traditional: Made from metal and porcelain fused to metal or ceramic, traditional bridges are pretty common. It also comprises one or more pontics attached to the surrounding teeth.
- Cantilever: You can also find a dental bridge that connects to one abutment tooth only, known as a cantilever. Our dentist might suggest this if you have only one tooth next to the gap.
- Maryland: If you have missing teeth in front of your mouth, we have got a solution for you too. With Maryland bridges, our dentist will use porcelain fused to metal or ceramic bridges to restore your smile. The wings on the surrounding teeth will help support the pontic.
- Implant-Supported: Just like a traditional bridge, but instead of natural teeth, this bridge uses implants to support the artificial tooth
Affordable Dental Bridges in Irvine, CA
If you are looking for solutions to restore your missing tooth, Irvine Family & Implant Dentistry has all the treatments. Visit our dental office to get the best dental bridges in Irvine and enhance your smile. We are just a few digits away at (949) 552-1380.