Patient Safety During COVID
Patient safety during COVID and infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We thoroughly sanitize before and after each patient. We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- All staff, including Dr. Ghatnekar, have received the COVID vaccinations and will receive the booster vaccination when it’s time.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- All staff wear masks while patients are in the office. We recommend our patients wear masks as well and receive the COVID vaccines.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting-room no longer offers magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- We have an air filtration system circulating throughout the office for constant air flow.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. There will be fewer patients in the office at one time, but that might mean that you may be offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
To make an appointment, please call our office at (949) 552-1380, or visit our website at https://drjeevandds.com.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends affected by COVID.
Dr. Jeevan Ghatnekar, DDS and Team
Visit the CDC Prevention Control website for more information